Important Tax Dates for Finhabits Customers
February 13, 2018
Important Tax Dates for Finhabits Customers
By the Finhabits Team

Below you’ll find relevant information regarding what forms we’ll be sending out this tax season and when.


On each date, you’ll receive an email from Finhabits that includes a link to your documents which you will then access by signing into your account.


If you opened your Finhabits account in 2018, this information may not apply to you.


Form 1099-R - January 31, 2018


Simply put, if you received a distribution of $10 or more from your retirement account in 2017, you’ll likely receive a 1009-R form. This form reports the total of all withdrawals you made during the year. Note that some of the amount may be taxable depending on how you spent the money.


If the 1099-R form applies to you, you should have received an email already. Please This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you have not received your form or have issues accessing them.


The Combined 1099 Form - February 15, 2018

This is what the IRS uses to collect important information for your tax return such as income from dividends and capital gains/losses. In most situations, you must report the income shown on your 1099 form when filing your personal federal income tax return.

This form contains a combination of the following sections:


  1. Form 1099-B: This section summarizes all capital gains/losses associated with any buy/sell transactions. You will only receive this form if buy/sell transactions occurred in your Finhabits account.
  2. Form 1099-DIV: This section reports dividends paid to your account during the 2017 tax year. You will only receive this form if total dividends paid was greater than $10.
  3. Form 1099-INT: This section summarizes taxable interest income from investments in your account.


You should share the Combined 1099 forms with your tax professional as they’ll be able to advise on what exactly needs to be reported to the IRS..


Form 5498 - May 31, 2018


This form reports your total annual contributions to your Roth IRA or Traditional IRA. It will also report what you’ve rolled over or transferred from other types of retirement accounts into your IRA, if applicable. When you claim a deduction for your IRA contributions, you should reference the amounts on the Form 5498.



Please note that Finhabits does not provide tax advice, so all questions specifically related to your taxes should be directed towards your tax professional.

Finhabits Advisors LLC is an SEC Registered Investment Advisor. Nothing in the communication should be construed as a solicitation or offer, or recommendation, to buy or sell any security. Financial advisory services are only provided to investors who become Finhabits clients pursuant to a written agreement available on our website, which investors are urged to read carefully. Past performance is no guarantee of future results, and any historical returns, expected returns, or probability projections may not reflect actual future performance. All securities involve risk and may result in some loss. Finhabits does not provide personal financial planning services to individual investors.

Want to start investing?

Start here

Invest as little as $5 a week.